Effective July 1, 2017
Mississippi Senate Bill 2327 was signed by Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant on March 8, 2017. MS SB2327 amends the requirements for conversion and domestication. The bill makes the following amendments:
- Adds a director of a domestic or foreign corporation as an individual authorized to sign a conversion or domestication
- Requires a correction to a filed document be made within 120 days of filing
- Restricts a charitable organization as defined in Section 79-11-501 from converting under Article 4 of this section
- Requires a copy of the filed domestication documents from the new jurisdiction as an attachment if the domesticated entity is a foreign entity
- Requires a certificate of good standing or certificate of existence from its jurisdiction of formation that is issued less than one hundred eighty (180) days before filing if the domesticated entity is a domestic entity
For more information or assistance in filing in Mississippi, contact the CORPSMART™ team at 800-737-8009.
You’ve built an expansive company, but what about the ongoing compliance requirements? If you have a business that is growing, make sure to follow our guidelines ensure that your company remains compliant throughout the life of your entity.
Tips for complying with ongoing responsibilities
- File Annual Report
- File and Pay Franchise Tax
- File Federal and State Tax Returns
- Renew Business Licenses and Permits
- Renew Assumed Name or DBA Registration
- Independent Director or Corporate Staffing (if needed)
Tips for changing entity structure
- Conduct name availability check (if changing name)
- File name reservation/registration (Corp.) or Articles of Organization (LLC)
- File application for conversion (if changing entity type)
Tips for changing Registered Agent
- Changing your Registered Agent? File Notice of Change of Agent
Tips for proving corporate existence for business transactions
- Obtain certificate of Good Standing
- Obtain Apostille (if required for foreign country business transactions)
- Obtain certified copy of Formation Documents
When growing your business, focusing on the ongoing compliance requirements can we daunting. Trust the experts at CORPSMART™ to walk you through the process. We will handle your ongoing filings with ease and act as a source for your business compliance questions. Contact the CORPSMART™ team at 800-737-8009 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CORPSMART™ team just returned from Nashville, where the NPRRA hosted their Annual Conference. This industry association is comprised of some of the top public records research companies throughout the world, a resource that we have relied on in developing our own network of correspondents. The conference was packed full of education and networking, as well as the unveiling of key initiatives from the associations current administration including the rebranding and launching of NPRRA’s new website.
Our own fearless leader, Melissa Hopton re-upped her role as President of the NPRRA and is excited to work with the Board of Directors to grow the associations networking, membership and benefits. The board will meet again later this year in Palm Springs for their Strategic Planning meeting. This is the time when the board comes together to discuss key issues in our industry and strategize best ways of building benefits for the membership. Melissa and McKenna from CORPSMART™ will be attending this meeting and representing our industry as a whole.
Take a sneak peek at our photos from the conference! #CORPSMART #NPRRA