Effective July 1, 2017
Mississippi Senate Bill 2327 was signed by Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant on March 8, 2017. MS SB2327 amends the requirements for conversion and domestication. The bill makes the following amendments:
- Adds a director of a domestic or foreign corporation as an individual authorized to sign a conversion or domestication
- Requires a correction to a filed document be made within 120 days of filing
- Restricts a charitable organization as defined in Section 79-11-501 from converting under Article 4 of this section
- Requires a copy of the filed domestication documents from the new jurisdiction as an attachment if the domesticated entity is a foreign entity
- Requires a certificate of good standing or certificate of existence from its jurisdiction of formation that is issued less than one hundred eighty (180) days before filing if the domesticated entity is a domestic entity
For more information or assistance in filing in Mississippi, contact the CORPSMART™ team at 800-737-8009.