Independence Day Office Closures // July 4th, 2017
On Tuesday, July 4th 2017 all state, government and CORPSMART™ offices will be closed in observance of Independence Day. CORPSMART™ will operate business as usual on Monday, July 3rd, take a brief break for the holiday and resume business as usual on July 5th, 2017. Please make sure to consider these closures in advance to avoid disappointment with all time sensitive business filings.
From everyone at CORPSMART™, we wish you a fun and safe holiday!
UPDATE TO POTENTIAL SHUTDOWN WITH WA STATE AGENCIES
The Washington State Legislature has not yet approved state operating and capital budgets for the 2017–19 biennium, which begins July 1. If the Legislature does not approve budgets by June 30, several state agencies will go through full or partial operations shutdowns. In the event of a shutdown, the DOL will suspend programs at the department for Uniform Commercial Code until the 2017-19 budgets are approved. In the event of a shutdown, please review the following information to avoid any disruptions in your business transactions:
- All filing services at the Corporations Division should continue uninterrupted.
- The Division may not be able to issue UBI numbers on new registrations/originations.
- Data recorded in the Division may not transfer to other agencies such as the Department of Revenue or BLS leaving business records “not up to date” outside of the Division’s database.
- The Division may have limited access to Annual Report information filed or pending at BLS (reducing ability to fix errors).
Business Licensing and UCC Services
- Online services will shut down on June 27 at 11:55 PM.
- Annual Reports can still be mailed in but will not be processed until resolution of any shutdown. As an alternative, the Corporations Division will accept and process ALL Annual Reports if a shutdown were to occur. However, this may be subject to the collateral issues specified above as well as possibly others.
- Licenses, Legal Entity Registrations, renewal notices, and other miscellaneous documents processed before shutdown will be mailed out. Documents received, but not processed, before the shutdown will be delayed until the shutdown is resolved. It is unclear whether the file-date for such delayed filings will be the date of submission or the date of processing.
- Of particular interest, the BLS handles Business Corporation and LLC Annual Reports/License Renewals and Trade (Assumed) Name filings.
Contact the CORPSMART team directly at 800-737-8009 for additional information or to submit your filing.
Effective June 19, 2017
Rhode Island House Bill 5647 and Senate Bill 618, amend the nonprofit corporation law by substituting the supporting document to be filed upon foreign qualification from a copy of the corporation’s charter to a status certificate (e.g. Certificate of Existence).
It is now required that non-profits obtain and submit a Certificate of Existence for all foreign qualifications.
Contact the CORPSMART™ team today for assistance in obtaining your supporting documents nationwide at 800-737-8009 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Washington State Legislature has not yet approved state operating and capital budgets for the 2017–19 biennium, which begins July 1. If the Legislature does not approve budgets by June 30, several state agencies will go through full or partial operations shutdowns. In the event of a shutdown, the DOL will suspend programs at the department for Uniform Commercial Code until the 2017-19 budgets are approved.
How to prepare:
If you have filings to submit, we recommend filing right away to avoid any delays. Contact the CORPSMART™ team today to learn more or place a request.
With Alaska facing a government shutdown in early July that could effect your filings. In the event of a government shutdown, no filings will be accepted or processed until budgetary issues are resolved. We are encouraging our clients to be aware of this when working on AK projects that require filings or any retrieval work.
For further information or to get your filings processed, contact the CORPSMART™ team at 800-737-8009 or email@example.com.
Friday, June 9
The Delaware Division of Corporations will be having an off-site Employee Recognition Event on Friday, June 9th, 2017. Staff will work from 8:00 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.
- NO Same Day or Must Approval service
- 30-Minute and 1-Hour requests must be delivered to the Division by 10:00 A.M.
- 2-Hour requests must be delivered to the Division by 9:00 A.M.
- 24-Hour requests must be delivered to the Division by 12:00 P.M.
- DCIS and Fax Gateway will be available until 10:30 P.M. for securing filing dates and times
Contact the CORPSMART™ team at 800-737-8012 for more information.