Mixing Business & Margaritas


Are you interested in going into business? Perhaps you want to start a Taco’s and Tequila Bar. Whatever your dreams may be, make sure to follow our guidelines to start your business on the right foot, grow and stay compliant in all of your business transactions.

Tips for forming a new entity

  • Obtain State IDs
  • Appoint Registered Agent
  • Conduct Name Availability Check
  • File Name Reservation/Registration
  • File Articles of Incorporation or Articles of Organization
  • Apply for Business Licenses and Permits
  • File Assumed Name of DBA Certificate
  • File for Trademark Protection
  • Apply for Employer Identification Number from the IRS
  • Order your Corporate Records Kit
  • Register your Domain
  • Publication in Newspaper (if required by state)

Tips for growing and expanding your company

  • Obtain State Tax IDs
  • Conduct Name Availability Check
  • File Name Reservation/Registration per Jurisdiction
  • File Assumed Name or DBA Certificate
  • Apply for Business Licenses and Permits
  • Appoint Registered Agent in Foreign State
  • International Filing and Document Retrieval
  • Obtain Certificate of Good Standing from Home (Domestic) State

Tips for running your company and staying compliant

  • File Annual Reports
  • File and Pay Franchise Tax
  • File Federal and State Tax Returns
  • Renew Business Licenses and Permits
  • Renew Assumed Name or DBA Registration
  • Independent Director Staffing and Representation


Enjoy your margarita’s this National Margarita Day and if you get enough courage to start your own business, make sure to connect with the CLASCORP™ team at 800-737-8009 to ensure your business transactions are handled with success.



Changes Concerning Foreign Entities in SC


New procedural changes in South Carolina Secretary of State may effect your conversions and mergers with foreign entities.

Effective Date: February 10, 2017


Whenever a foreign entity qualified/registered in South Carolina converts it must file:

  • A foreign amendment form; and
  • A certificate of existence, showing the new entity type.
  • It is also strongly recommended that it file a certified copy of the conversion documents.


Whenever a foreign entity qualified/registered in South Carolina completes a merger it must file:

  • A certified copy of the merger documents;
  • A plan of merger (where available);
  • A new merger form being prepared by the South Carolina Secretary of State, which should be published during the week beginning February 13th; and
  • If the name of the entity changes after the merger, the filer must also submit the respective foreign amendment form.