New procedural changes in South Carolina Secretary of State may effect your conversions and mergers with foreign entities.
Effective Date: February 10, 2017
Whenever a foreign entity qualified/registered in South Carolina converts it must file:
- A foreign amendment form; and
- A certificate of existence, showing the new entity type.
- It is also strongly recommended that it file a certified copy of the conversion documents.
Whenever a foreign entity qualified/registered in South Carolina completes a merger it must file:
- A certified copy of the merger documents;
- A plan of merger (where available);
- A new merger form being prepared by the South Carolina Secretary of State, which should be published during the week beginning February 13th; and
- If the name of the entity changes after the merger, the filer must also submit the respective foreign amendment form.