These changes to Indiana Business and Association Law may effect your business:
2016 Indiana House Bill 1336
- Requires that an application to reserve or renew a reservation of a name and a notice of transfer of a reserved name must be filed with the secretary of state electronically and makes the corresponding changes to the fees.
- Establishes requirements concerning plans or filed documents that include terms that are dependent on facts objectively ascertainable outside the plan or filed document for limited liability partnerships, limited partnerships, nonprofit corporations, and limited liability companies.
- Provides that the name of a limited liability company must be distinguished from the name of any limited liability company or other business entity reserved or organized under the laws of Indiana or authorized to transact business in Indiana. (Current law requires that the name must be distinguished from any limited liability company or other business entity reserved or organized under the laws of Indiana or qualified to transact business as a foreign limited liability company in Indiana.)
- Allows limited liability companies to organize as series limited liability companies.
- Adds a fee for filing: (A) articles of organization for a master limited liability company; (B) applications for certificate of authority series; and (C) articles of designation.
Contact your CLASCORP™ representative for further information at 800-737-8012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.